Lourdes Health System

Saturday, December 2, 2006

Lourdes Blog/Blog 2

This is like learning to ride a bike and twirl saucers at the same time.

I'm anxious to get some blogs up here, but I haven't figured out how to use this site--certainly not enough to lead the others in our team. I'm not understanding how the draft feature works. I don't know why you can't find us if you search for Lourdes. (Am I supposed to add key words somewhere? I didn't see that on the dashboard.) Oh, yeah, and one of our bloggers can't access the blogger.com right now because our security system won't give him access. (That--I'm working on.)

I neglected to mention that this experience is occurring right in the middle of a major overhaul of our website. It hasn't been updated for quite a while, and it has taken me the last year (my first year here), to get up to speed on the things that need to go and stay. Plus we have a new design, so we are making major renovations.

So I'm in a mad dash to get the website looking presentable for any additional company we receive.

But I digress.

I think in the first post I overlooked the part of the process where I checked with our IT folks about the blog. They had no problem with it and thought it would be fairly easy to do; however, as I reviewed the original e-mail, I realized that they thought the blog would be for internal consumption only--something they would connect to our Intranet. My fault for misreading. We have an outside agency that handles our website, and I went to them to assist us, and to help us fast since time was ticking away. Options were tossed around, but this is where we wound up. We'll see if these features work for us, but they need to work for now.

No comments: